Henderson County Schools Attendance Policy
· Any absence or tardy, regardless of the length of time, is considered an attendance event.
· Students are allowed 4 parent notes per semester. (Fall semester: August to December Spring semester: January to May)
· When a student has accumulated 4 parent notes in a semester, further absences are only excused with a valid excuse such as a doctor’s note.
· Written notes (parent/guardian and/or doctor’s notes) for absences must be submitted to the school within 3 school days of the absences. It is the student’s responsibility to get the note to the appropriate person at school.
· Students who arrive at school late or leave early are considered tardy. Without a valid excuse, the tardy will be unexcused.
· When a student is tardy, the parent/guardian must come in to the school office to sign in the student. Students cannot be dropped off and enter the school without a parent/guardian.
Truancy KRS 159.150
· Any student who has been absent from school without a valid excuse for 3 or more days, or tardy without a valid excuse for 3 or more days, is a truant. Any student who has been reported as a truant 2 or more times is a habitual truant.
· For the purpose of establishing a student’s status as a truant, the student’s attendance record is cumulative for an entire school year.
· Students who are habitual truants are subject to a truancy petition being filed through the Court Designated Worker’s (CDW) office. An Educational Neglect Petition may also be filed on the student’s parent/guardian
Celebrate Back to School with ice cream with our Principals and Counselors! Meet your teachers, learn the benefits of using parent portal, and more info about SMS!! NO APPOINTMENTS...WALK-INS ONLY. Aug. 23rd from 4 to 6
An Important Immunization Update for Families to Know.
Starting July 1, 2018, the state of Kentucky will be requiring all students to provide proof of having received two doses of hepatitis A vaccine to attend school. Since the minimum spacing between the two doses is six months, families are asked to complete the following steps as soon as possible to ensure their child is compliant with this new regulation prior to the start of the new school year on August 8, 2018:
Consult with your child's healthcare provider to ensure that these vaccines have been given to your child, or make an appointment to begin the vaccination series.
Obtain an updated Kentucky Immunization Certificate from your provider.
Turn in a copy of a current Immunization to your child's school.
Click below to see more
Here is the updated information for the SMS Cross Country Track practice schedule.
The Henderson South Bulldogs competed today at the Kentucky Middle School State Track & Field Championships, held at The University of Louisville Cardinal Stadium. The girls placed 29th and the boys finished 58th.
Top twenty state results were earned today by the following:
Bella Marshall was 3rd in the girls 100 meter high hurdles
Natalia Davis was 6th in the girls 200 meter dash
Natalia Davis was 9th in the girls 100 meter dash
The boys 4x800 meter relay (Ashton Cunningham, William McAlvain, Austin Loeffler, Dalton Cornwall) placed 14th (#2 SMS all-time)
Jaiden Deibler was 15th in the boys high jump
Kamarion Black was 17th in the girls discus throw
Bella Marshall was 20th in the girls 300 meter intermediate hurdles
The 2018 state meet culminates a season where the Bulldogs swept the boys and girls City Championships and the boys and girls Louie Barron Invitational for the second straight year. Other season highlights include the girls team finishing third in the MWKAC Conference Championship and the boys tallying third place at the HIT Invitational.