South Middle School eighth-grader James Guier shot on Saturday at the Trigg County March Madness tournament and came away just three points shy of a 300. He shot a 297 to win first place in the Middle School Male division. He was also named Top Overall Male.
Congrats to our FEBRUARY STUDENTS OF THE MONTH!!
Gavin Herndon, Pryce Pearcy
Ava Stott, Kilaya Armstead
Andrew O’Nanm, Roxanna Quintanilla
Aaron Griffin, Winston Young
Emma Powell, Landree O’Nan
Allison Lucas, Neico Henderson
Bryce Hayden, Hunter Mayfield
Mary Walker, Chandler Hazelwood
Ella McGrew, Kayleigh Cleveland
SMS archers competed at Webster co Trojan Classic finishing 3rd with a team score 3187.
Landree O’Nan 7th 275/300
Kyra Haynes 5th 277/300
Tyler Brocato 6th 279/300
James Guier 4th 286/300
This past weekend the SMS Archery participated in the KY NASP Region 2 Tournament held in Madisonville Ky. The Top 5 Female and Male awarded in each individual division. The top three Team in each division. Please see the following results.
Middle School Division:
3rd place – South Middle School with a team score of 3236
3rd place – Kyra Haynes – SMS – score of 283
3rd place – James Guier – SMS – score of 284
SOUTH MIDDLE SCHOOL BOYS & GIRLS TRACK AND FIELD TRYOUTS
*March 11th, 12th, and 13th from 3:45 pm-5 pm @ SMS gymnasium
*For SMS Boys and Girls in grades 6, 7, and 8
AND 5th grade students from A.B. Chandler, Bend Gate, Jefferson, and Niagara
*Bring heart/effort/positive attitude, gym clothes, and athletic shoes
TOP 5 REASONS TO JOIN SMS T&F:
1. Build athleticism! - We build speed, strength, endurance, coordination, and flexibility for other sports/activities!
2. Be a winner! - Help defend our 2017 and 2018 Boys & Girls City Championship Titles!
3. Awesome gear! - Backpack and multiple jerseys to keep at end of season!
4. No bench! - Every student-athlete is valued and contributes to OUR success!
5. Opportunity! - We BUILD GREATNESS... TEAM, PERSON, STUDENT, ATHLETE!
South Middle School will host the annual Literacy Fair on Tuesday, Feb.19 from 4:30 to 6:30. Click attachment for more details