Henderson County Schools Attendance Policy
· Any absence or tardy, regardless of the length of time, is considered an attendance event.
· Students are allowed 4 parent notes per semester. (Fall semester: August to December Spring semester: January to May)
· When a student has accumulated 4 parent notes in a semester, further absences are only excused with a valid excuse such as a doctor’s note.
· Written notes (parent/guardian and/or doctor’s notes) for absences must be submitted to the school within 3 school days of the absences. It is the student’s responsibility to get the note to the appropriate person at school.
· Students who arrive at school late or leave early are considered tardy. Without a valid excuse, the tardy will be unexcused.
· When a student is tardy, the parent/guardian must come in to the school office to sign in the student. Students cannot be dropped off and enter the school without a parent/guardian.
Truancy KRS 159.150
· Any student who has been absent from school without a valid excuse for 3 or more days, or tardy without a valid excuse for 3 or more days, is a truant. Any student who has been reported as a truant 2 or more times is a habitual truant.
· For the purpose of establishing a student’s status as a truant, the student’s attendance record is cumulative for an entire school year.
· Students who are habitual truants are subject to a truancy petition being filed through the Court Designated Worker’s (CDW) office. An Educational Neglect Petition may also be filed on the student’s parent/guardian
Read More »